Happiness as Anarchy #349: Fitting a sleeve

The creation of my 18th century gown is a long, slow process, but given there are no deadlines right now, that’s alright. I have taken apart the jacket to make it fit me better, as I think I cut the pattern and forgot to check my measurements against it. I’ve adjusted the darts and shoulders, and just fitted the sleeve back in. This is a very satisfying task – making a tiny gather in the top for a hint of puff, then fitting it inside the armhole, and stitching around curves without wrinkles. Hopefully the other sleeve will go in easily too.

Leave a Reply